Brand Name: BravEcto Tablet
Manufactured by: MSD Animal Health
Dosage form: Tablet (Chewable)
Bravecto / Fluralaner as is a pork-flavoured chewable tablet presented in child-resistant, foil-wrapped, packs of 250mg, 500 mg, 1000 mg, 1400 mg.
Ingredients & Composition:
Bravecto contains fluralaner as active ingredient.
Each chewable tablet contains:
|Bravecto chewable tablets||Fluralaner|
|Small dogs (> 4.5 – 10 kg)||250 mg|
|Medium-sized dogs (>10 – 20 kg)||500 mg|
|Large dogs (> 20 – 40 kg)||1000 mg|
|Very large dogs (> 40 – 56 kg)||1400 mg|
Description / Action:
Bravecto is available as a chewable oral tablet and spot on both for the treatment and prevention of tick and flea infestations on dogs for 3 months. This veterinary medicinal product is a systemic insecticide and acaricide of the isoxazoline class with a long duration of action that provides immediate and persistent tick and flea killing activity for 3 months.
Class: Ectoparasiticidal / Isoxazoline
Indication / Uses:
Bravecto chewable tablets is indicated for
- For the control, treatment and prevention of tick and flea infestations on dogs, It is effective for 3 months.
- Provides immediate and sustained killing activity for 3 months against ticks- both for adult and juvenile (Ixodes ricinus, hexagonus, I.scapularis, I. holocyclus, Dermacentor reticulatus, D.variabilisand Rhipicephalus sanguineus) and fleas (Ctenocephalides felis and C.canis).
- For the treatment of Demodectic mange caused by Demodex spp. mites.
- For the treatment of Sarcoptic mange caused by Sarcoptes scabiei var canis.
- For the treatment of Otodectes spp. mite infestations in dogs.
- Provides protection against transmission of Babesia canis by Dermacentor reticulatus ticks by killing the ticks before disease transmission occurs.
- Safe for use in MDR1 breeds. (MDR – Multidrug resistance)
- Aids in the treatment and control of flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
- Highly effective against fipronil resistant fleas and the prolonged activity can aid compliance and helps in the control of fleas in the house.
- Bravecto remains effective after swimming and bathing/shampooing.
Dosage and administration:
Bravecto chewable tablets dosage can be followed by using the following table. It is corresponding to a dose of 25-56 mg fluralaner/kg body weight within one weight band.
|Bravecto chewable tablets||Fluralaner (mg)|
|For small dogs (> 4.5 – 10 kg)||250|
|For medium-sized dogs (>10 – 20 kg)||500|
|For large dogs (> 20 – 40 kg)||1000|
|For very large dogs (> 40 – 56 kg)||1400|
It can / should be administered every 3 months for optimal control of tick and flea infestation. Bravecto chewable tablets can be administered at any time or season of the year. It is for oral use only.
Bravecto chew can be offered as a treat to your dog.
Overdoses / Side effects / Contraindications /Warnings:
Do not use in case of allergic reaction or hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients. Bravecto (tablet) only the following side effects are indicated: Vomiting, Decreased appetite, Diarrhoea, Lethargy, Polydipsia, Flatulence. It should only be given on vets prescription. Always consult your veterinarian if your dog is on other medications.
Bravecto chew is not indicated for cats by the manufacturer.
Pharmaceutical precautions / Instructions:
Do not store above 30°C.
Safety: Age / Pregnancy/ Withdrawal:
Bravecto / Fluralaner chewable tablets should not be used in puppies either weighing less than 2 Kg or younger than 8 weeks of age. Bravecto is safe for use in Ivermectin sensitive Collie Breed, Breeding dogs, Pregnant and lactating female dogs. Always follow the recommended dose.
Substitute: Updating Soon